Boron, an Essential Mineral for Health
Boron is an important but neglected mineral for your health. It occurs in soils that contain organic matter, and in the foods grown in those soils. The cheapest source of boron is borax – yes, the laundry helper and insecticide. Borax, due to its alkalinity, is more effective than boric acid.
What Does it Actually Do For Us?
- Boron is a mineral essential for health, so it strengthens the immune system to fight cancer cells.
- Boron is to the parathyroid gland what iodine is to the thyroid. It is vital for regulation of the absorption and metabolism of calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. Boron also protects against fluoride toxicity.
- Without sufficient boron, we lose calcium from the teeth and bones. A boron supplement can reduce the loss of calcium by almost 50% so it’s useful for osteoporosis.
- The cell walls require boron to function properly. Boron also helps correct the levels of sex hormones in our systems. Women are successfully taking boron to raise hormone levels naturally – with no nasty HRT side-effects.
- The areas with least boron (which occurs in the organic matter in the soil) show the highest incidence of arthritis. It’s also safe to use borax to treat animal arthritis.
- Borax is an excellent fungicide, and many users report successfully treating Candida and athlete’s foot.
- It’s a better treatment for vaginitis that drugs. A study in 2011 stated, “… boric acid is a safe, alternative, economic option for women with recurrent and chronic symptoms of vaginitis…”
- Borax can also be used to remove accumulated fluoride and heavy metals from the body. (Fluoride causes bone deterioration, calcification of the pineal gland, and under-active thyroid.)
How to Take Boron as Borax
You can find different protocols on the net. The usual way is to dissolve borax in water, and take a spoonful daily.
The easy way is to put 1/8 teaspoon in your liter bottle of water and drink this in a day.