Prevent or Reverse Osteoporosis Naturally
Firstly, what is Osteoporosis?
As a disease, it emerged out of obscurity only two decades ago to become a concern for women throughout the western world. Presented as a calcium deficiency, it is actually a problem with calcium uptake – not a lack of calcium.
It is a Phenomenal Growth Industry
- The sale of just one oestrogen drug, Premarin, grossed $940 million worldwide in 1996. (It is known that the form of oestrogen in Premarin is associated with endometrial cancer.)
- The US dairy industry is thriving with its annual $20 billion of revenue.
- The sale of calcium supplements has spiralled upwards into the hundreds of millions of dollars.
- Drugs such as Fosamax, the only non-hormonal drug approved by the US FDA to treat osteoporosis.
The Dangers of These Conventional Treatments
- Osteoporosis is not due to oestrogen deficiency. Studies have shown that hormone levels were found to be similar in postmenopausal women, both with and without osteoporosis. Side effects of artificial HRT are cancer, stroke, bloating. breast tenderness or swelling. swelling in other parts of the body, nausea, leg cramps, headaches, indigestion and vaginal bleeding.
- Scientific evidence proves that, by themselves, calcium supplements just don’t work. The risk of fracture is not reduced. High calcium level is actually associated with a 50% increase in fractures. Bone is composed of at least a dozen minerals, and the exclusive focus on calcium supplementation is likely to worsen bone density. It also increases your risk of heart disease, kidney stones, gallstones, osteoarthritis, hypothyroidism, obesity and type 2 diabetes.
- The Nurses’ Health Study found that women with the highest calcium consumption from dairy products actually had substantially more fractures than women who drank less milk. USA consumes the most dairy, but has one of the highest rates of osteoporosis. It’s not helping!
- Fosamax will superficially appear to increase bone density. It is a metabolic poison and will actually kill osteoclast cells which are required to build bone. Fosamax can cause severe and permanent damage to the oesophagus and stomach. It is also hard on the kidneys and can cause diarrhoea, flatulence, rashes, headaches and muscular pain. Rats given high doses developed thyroid and adrenal tumors.
What is the Cause of Osteoporosis?
“Osteoporosis is not an ageing disease or an oestrogen or calcium deficiency but a degenerative disease of Western culture. We have brought it upon ourselves through poor dietary habits and lifestyle factors, and exposure to pharmaceutical drugs.” Sherrill Sellman
The factors leading to the high osteoporosis in the west are:
- lack of vitamins C and D
- hormonal imbalance
- processed dairy products
- high acid diet
- carbonated drinks
- mineral deficiency especially magnesium
- lack of exercise
- tobacco, alcohol, caffeine
Natural Ways to Avoid Osteoporosis
Choose natural foods, take regular exercise and sunshine, supplement with natural progesterone, vitamin C and magnesium.
The following foods are high in calcium content: sesame seeds, oranges, green vegetable leaves, strawberries, almonds, papayas, figs, most nuts, sunflower seeds, most seeds, broccoli, most green vegetables, apricots, most fruits, dates. The best greens are romaine, buttercrunch and leaf lettuce, kale, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage and collard. These vegetables contain significant amounts of calcium and negligible amounts of oxalic acid.