The Magic of Carica papaya
Years ago, I was aware that papaya fruit (pawpaw) was good for digestive problems, and helped with diabetes and its complications. Then I became aware of papaya leaf as a skin healing herb when I was working as a nurse in Australia. Over those years, pawpaw ointment became widely used for skin problems. It was even recommended by doctors. As were papaya leaf capsules.
More recently, when I was in Thailand, I saw Dengue Fever successfully treated with papaya leaf juice. (The juice itself tastes horrible; tea is better). This was so exciting! Most people take months to recover from Dengue – if they recover. But the Thai people recover in days. Searching for the reason for papaya beating Dengue Fever, I found research that shows that papaya leaf greatly increases white blood cell count, and platelets – and therefore, immunity, and clotting… amongst many other things. Wow. What potential!
Today, the leaves of Carica papaya are being used worldwide for skin and digestion problems, cataracts, diabetes, blood cell imbalances, and – cancer.
Papaya leaf capsules are a good and concentrated option for people who have no access to fresh leaves.
Papaya Leaf’s Benefits as a Natural Treatment
On this page, Dr Paul Haider writes about papaya leaves’ powerful healing compounds that address illnesses such as cancer and dengue fever. The leaves contain vitamins A,B,C,D and E; calcium, potassium, sodium, magnesium, iron and manganese, folate, strong anti-oxidants, tannins and betacarotene. Dr Haider recommends papaya for:
- Cancer – Papaya Leaves contain acetogenin which is proven to kill cancer cells. Multiple studies have shown this. The University of Florida showed that Papaya Leaves kill cancers of the cervix, prostate, liver, breast, and lungs… with no side effects of any kind. Papaya Leaf tea also helps with chemotherapy side-effects.
- Prostate Enlargement – Papaya Leaf can help with benign prostate enlargement and also with rectal lesions problems associated with BPH.
- Immunity – The powerful antioxidants boost the immune system and stave off cardiovascular disease, strokes, and cancer.
- Dengue and Other Fevers – Papaya Leaves lower fevers and helps with colds, flus, and even dengue fever… it has been called a cure for dengue fever.
- Parasites – the papain within the papaya leaf kills parasites, as shown in many studies.
- Low Platelet Count – Papaya Leaf cures thrombocytopenia (low platelet count) which keeps a person from clotting. Many studies show that Papaya Leaf can increase platelet counts in cases of vitamin deficiencies, chemotherapy, etc.
- Digestion Problems – Papaya Leaves kill bacteria that cause stomach problems because they contain karpain which kills bacteria. The papain, protease enzyme, and amylase enzyme help to breaks down proteins, carbs, gluten and sooth the GI tract… and helps with acid reflux.
- Stomach Problems – Papaya soothes the stomach lining and heals gastric ulcers by killing H. pylori bacteria.
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases – Papaya Leaves can also help with colon inflammation from IBS and other inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Acne Remedy – A paste of fresh or dried papaya leaf can be made into a paste and used as a facial mask… it works great for acne!
- Menstrual Pain – take papaya leaf three times per day.
- Cataracts – Papaya Leaf can prevent cataracts.
- Skin Problems – Papaya Leaves can help with fungal infections of the skin, warts, scars, and get rid of freckles.
- Poor Appetite – Papaya Leaf increases appetite.
- Emphysema – Papaya Leaves contain lots of Vitamin D which prevents emphysema.
- Anti-Aging – Papaya Leaf also contains at least 50 amino acids. Some of these are used in salves and cosmetics, and as as anti-aging compounds.